BMC Cardiovascular Disorders
This study showed that percutaneous mitral valve repair may be cost-effective in patients with FMR due to heart failure.
- Cost-utility analysis of Carillon Mitral Contour System was performed based on the TITAN trial results using a combination of a decision tree and Markov process. The analysis was performed from the German statutory health insurance perspective over 10-year time horizon.
- Carillon provided additional benefits to patients with an 1.15 incremental quality-adjusted life years (QALY) and an 1.41 incremental life years. The procedure was cost-effective in comparison to optimal medical therapy (OMT) with an incremental cost-effectiveness ratio of €15,533/QALY. With a willing- ness-to-pay threshold of €35,000/QALY, PMVR had a 84% probability of being cost-effective.
- Dennis Rottländer, MD; Miriel Gödde, MD; Hubertus Degen, MD; Alev Ögütcü, MD; Michael Haude, MD, PhD. Percutaneous Coronary Sinus-Based Mitral Valve Annuloplasty in Atrial Functional Mitral Regurgitation. JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions. December 28, 2020
- Lipiecki, J, Fahrat, H, Séverine, M, et al. Long-term prognosis of patients treated by coronary sinus-based annuloplasty: single centre experience. ESC Heart Failure. October, 2020.
- Stephan Heyl, Aria Nikkhoo, Markus Wieszner, Stephan Fichtlscherer, Florian Seeger, Birgit Assmus, Brigitte Luu, Katrin Hemmann, Claudia Walther, Joerg Honold. Comparison of effectiveness and survival after the MitraClip or Carillon procedure for severe functional mitral regurgitation: a single-center retrospective analysis. Arch Med Sci Atheroscler Dis. June, 2020.
- Stephan Stöbe, Kristin Kreyer, Daniel Jurisch, Dietrich Pfeiffer, Daniel Lavall, Gerardo Farese, Ulrich Laufs, Andreas Hagendorff. Echocardiographic analysis of acute effects of percutaneous mitral annuloplasty on severity of secondary mitral regurgitation. ESC Heart Failure. May, 2020.
- Tobias Friedrich Ruf, Felix Kreidel, Alexander Robert Tamm, Martin Geyer, Omar Hahad, Julia Claudia Zirbs, Ben Luca Schwidtal, Andres Beiras-Fernandez, Klaus K. Witte, Thomas Münzel, Ralph Stephan von Bardeleben. Transcatheter indirect mitral annuloplasty induces annular and left atrial remodelling in secondary mitral regurgitation. ESC Heart Failure. April, 2020.
- Lipiecki, J, Kaye DM, Witte KK, et al. Long-Term Survival Following Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair: Pooled Analysis of Prospective Trials with the Carillon Device. Cardiovascular Revascularization Medicine. February, 2020.
- Kałmucki P., Jerzykowska O., Dankowski R., Baszko A., Kramer L., Szyszka A., Siminiak T. Percutaneous Trans-Coronary Venous Mitral Annuloplasty in Patients With Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Analysis of Poznan Carillon Registry Data. J Interv Cardiol. 2016.
- Klein, N. et al. Mitral Annuloplasty Device Implantation for Non-Surgical Treatment of Mitral Regurgitation: Clinical Experience after the Approval Studies. Journal of Invasive Cardiology. February, 2016.
- Borisenko, O., Haude, M., Hoppe, UC., Siminiak, T., Lipiecki, J., Goldberg, S., Mehta, N., Bouknight, O., Bjessmo S., Reuter DG. Cost-utility analysis of percutaneous mitral valve repair in inoperable patients with functional mitral regurgitation in German settings. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 2015;15:43.
- Soofi, M.A., Alsamadi F. Restoration of Normal Left Ventricular Geometry after Percutaneous Mitral Annuloplasty: Case Report and Review of Literature. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. 2014.
- Siminiak T, Jerzykowska O, Kałmucki P, Link R, Baszko A. Cardiac resynchronization therapy after percutaneous trans-coronary-venous mitral annuloplasty. Kardiol Pol. 2013;71(12):1293-4.
- Woloszyn M, Jerzykowska O, Kałmucki P, Lunk R, Firek L, Kuzemczak M, Siminiak T. Functional assessment of patients after percutaneous mitral valvuloplasty with Carillon device: a preliminary report. Kardiol Pol. 2011;69(3):228-33.
- Jerzykowska O, Kalmucki P, Woloszyn M, Smuszkiewicz P, Firek L, Siminiak T. Echocardiographic evaluation of percutaneous vavle repair in patients with mitral regurgitation using the Carillon system. Kardiol Pol. 2010;68(1):57-63.
- Hoppe UC, Brandt MC, Degen H, Dodos F, Schneider T, Stoepel C, Kroener A, Haude M. Percutaneous mitral annuloplasty device leaves free access to cardiac veins for resynchronization therapy. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74(3):506-11.
- Lainscak M, Bohm, M. Embracing secondary mitral regurgitation with Carillon: past, present, and future. ESC Heart Failure 2020; 7: 3268-3270.
- Giallauria F, Di Lorenzo A, Parlato A, et. al. Individual patient data meta-analysis of the effects of the CARILLON® mitral contour system. ESC Heart Failure 2020; 7: 3383-3391.
- Khan MS et al.; Functional outcomes with Carillon device over 1 year in patients with functional mitral regurgitation of Grades 2+ to 4+: results from the REDUCE-FMR trial; ESC Heart Failure (2021); Published online in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ehf2.13273.
- Khan MS et al.; Effect of Carillon Mitral Contour System on patient‐reported outcomes in functional mitral regurgitation: an individual participant data meta‐analysis; Published online in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ehf2.13301.
- Anker SD, Starling RC, Khan MS, Friede T, Filippatos G, Lindenfeld J, Stephan von Bardeleben R, Coats AJS, Butler J. Percutaneous Mitral Valve Annuloplasty in Patients With Secondary Mitral Regurgitation and Severe Left Ventricular Enlargement. JACC Heart Fail. 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.jchf.2021.03.002.
Join our mailing list for invitations to studies along with company announcements.
© 2023 Cardiac Dimensions. All rights reserved.
NOTE: The Carillon Mitral Contour System has received CE Mark (0344) and is available for sale in Europe and other countries that recognize CE Mark.
CAUTION: Investigational Device. Limited by United States law to investigational use.
© 2022 Cardiac Dimensions. All rights reserved.