Kardiol Pol 2011; 69, 3: 228-233
Carillon increased functional capacity and improved echocardiographic parameters in FMR patients.
- This study enrolled 14 consecutive patients who underwent Carillon implantation.
- Echocardiographic parameters, 6MWD, Naughton treadmill exercise test, NYHA class and QOL were assessed at baseline and after one month.
- All measurements demonstrated statistically significant improvement at one month from baseline.
- Echocardiographic MR parameters were observed immediately after the procedure and during the one month follow up; these parameters included vena contracta (0.36cm after procedure and 0.31cm at one month vs. 0.65cm at baseline, both p<0.001) and effective regurgitant orifice area (0.18cm2 after procedure and 0.20cm2 at one month vs. 0.28cm2 at baseline, p<0.05 and p<0.005, respectively).
- One month after the procedure the 6MWT (25%, p<0.001), Naughton treadmill exercise test (45.0%, p<0.005) and NYHA classifications (34.1%, p<0.005) were significantly improved.