Department of Cardiology, Frankfurt University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
- First study to directly compare patients treated with either Carillon (n=37) or MitraClip (n=137).
- MR grade was significantly reduced (p<0.001) in both groups after procedure.
- MR grade remained reduced in Carillon patients at 2 years (n=9).
- Survival was assessed up to 5 years.
- Median survival in the Carillon group was 3.92 years vs 1.66 years in the MitraClip group (p = 0.01).
- Numerous baseline factors may contribute to the difference in survival benefit observed.
- Pulmonary artery pressure was reduced in both groups after intervention (p<0.05), however, continued decrease at later follow up was observed only in the Carillon group.